BUILDING AFRICAN AGRIBUSINESS
FOR IMPACT

WE INVEST DEBT AND EQUITY IN AFRICAN AGRIBUSINESSES TO CREATE JOBS, IMPROVE FOOD SECURITY, AND BOOST PROSPERITY.
WE HAVE MADE OVER 55 INVESTMENTS TO DATE, AND COMMITTED $135 MILLION. 

Real lives
SAMUEL NIYOMUGABO, Kigali Farms Limited, Rwanda
With button mushrooms, Kigali Farms has pioneered the introduction of a new product in Kigali and other urban centres, giving the market a new highly-nutritious, high-quality edible product that consumers can trust. Oyster mushroom substrate sales for rural farmers also remains a pillar of the business strategy. In 2016, Kigali Farms sold oyster substrate to over 1,700 farmers. 35% of the oyster mushrooms produced by those farmers are estimated to have been consumed by the households, with the remaining 65% being sold to family and neighbours as an additional source of income.
"OUR WORK WITH LOCAL FARMERS MOTIVATES ME EVERY DAY. KIGALI FARMS HAS ALSO HELPED ME DEVELOP MY CAREER AND GAIN NEW SKILLS."
Twitter

AGDEVCO IS A RESPONSIBLE INVESTOR, COMPLYING WITH THE HIGHEST INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE STANDARDS.

Our social impact ambition by 2020
investments
over $500M
Portfolio Size
jobs
over 850,000
Farmers linked to markets
lift
Over 100
Number of investments
We believe we can deliver more impact by making investments that help responsible agribusinesses grow.
If you believe your business meets our investment criteria, we want to hear from you.
Contact us