1. Opportunity for Commercial Partners
The Babator Irrigated Farming Hub is a 5,740 ha (net) irrigated farming and processing project in Northern Ghana presenting fertile soils, year-round water resources and access to attractive markets.
The project will be developed under a "nucleus-ingrower" model, which pairs:
- one or more leading Commercial Farming Company(ies) (CFCs) operating as "nucleus" farms of up to 3,780 ha (net irrigated area); and
- 1,950 ha (1,500 ha irrigated) of "ingrower" areas reserved for small-scale and emergent farmers.
Having invested more than $2m over a three year period to de-risk the project and reach a pre-contstruction stage, AgDevCo is now seeking one or several commercial partners (CFCs) to co-develop the project and operate the 3,780 ha nucleus farm.
The total anticipated commercial investment required is £32m for the 3,780 ha area. The project is designed with the option of rollout in four independent phases. Phase 1 requires an anticipated commercial investment of $12.5m for a commercial farming area of 1,410 ha.
In parallel, AgDevCo is raising concessional capital to finance the ingrower area and shared infrastructure (bulk water supply infrastructure, roads, power reticulation).
2. Bidding process
Suitable commercial parties will have proven expertise and experience of commercial farming in Africa and interest in working with small-scale and emergent ingrower farmers.
The bidding process will be as follows:
1. Interested parties will be invited to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with AgDevCo and will be provided with an Information Memorandum (Info Memo) with details on:
2. Interested parties will then be invited to send a preliminary Expression of Interest (EOI) including
3. Shortlisted potential partners will be provided access to a data room to include:
4. Shortlisted partners will then be invited to submit detailed EOIs to include:
5. AgDevCo will finalize the legal structuring with selected partners before financial close.
3. Contact detals / Project team
Yasser Toor, West Africa Director Erik Wiersma, Commercial Agriculture Advisor
Tom Phillips, Ghana Country Manager Ismail Sentissi, Project Developer
AgDevCo Ghana Ltd.
235A Soula Loop, Labone, Accra, Ghana
PO Box CT 8889, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana
+233 (0) 302 968 980 / 763 916